Good grief, the readership of the NYT are outright frightening. Looking through the comments on its coverage of Romney’s speech in Jerusalem is an eye opener. A sample:
- It is more than deplorable to see AIPAC’s control of Congress and the WH. In countries that do not have an AIPAC-equivalent , the legislatures are free to use critical thinking to reflect on history. The rest of the world needs only common sense to see & understand who are the foreigners, colonizers, land stealers , ethnic cleansers and brutal occupiers versus who are the indigenous people who have been forced from THEIR land (750,000 from 425 villages &12 urban centers in 1948 alone, all against the tenets of the UN Res #181) or to live gasping under the oppressive Zionist boot….
– Romney is an empty vessel, currently being filled with sludge by the same group of neo-cons who got us into Iraq: same fears, same rhetoric, same tactics …and, potentially, the same result.
– Sheldon Adelson’s money is working, at the detriment of American interests. Next will be Americans dying for Israel. If Romney is elected Iran bombing is guaranteed.
– The US should not ever lift a finger to help Israel for reasons well known to all.
– The speech must have been written by Bibi and edited by Sheldon Adelson. This rhetoric will only serve to further Israel’s isolation at a time when it should be reaching out to its neighbors.
– Our support for Israel is the reason Al Qaeda and other Extremists have targeted America and Americans , so what do Politicians do vow even more support for Israel .
– Just what we need, a pip-squeak, unstable middle east nation running our foreign policy. Israel has managed to alienate all its neighbors and half its own population. There are much better nations to follow if we feel we cannot lead. On foreign policy Romney is nothing less than a menace.
– I can’t believe I’m writing this but I’m beginning to sympathize with Ahmadinejad and the mullahs. Willard: next time you decide to go abroad please remember to take your ventriloquist with you.
– Iran will eventually build or acquire a nuclear weapon (if they haven’t already) and oh my god here’s what will happen: NOTHING.
This is what liberalism has wrought. Fools who think themselves informed. Useful idiots, indeed. It’s impossible to read too many comments as they are just so terrifying.