Posts Tagged ‘Individualism’
Tags: free speech, Freedom, Freedom of Religion, Individualism, Information, USAF Band
Tags: conservative, Democrats, free speech, Freedom, Freedom of Religion, GOP, Grand Old Partisan, Individualism, Information, slavery
On December 6, 1865 the Republican Party abolished slavery.
Grand Old Partisan reported:
On this day in 1865, the 13th Amendment — abolishing slavery — became part of the Constitution — when ratified by three-quarters of the states.
Despite protests from the Democrats, the Republican Party made banning slavery part of its national platform in 1864. Senator Lyman Trumbull (R-IL) wrote the final version of the text, combining the proposed wordings of several other Republican congressmen.
All Republicans in Congress voted for the 13th Amendment, while nearly all Democrats voted against it. So strongly did President Abraham Lincoln (R-IL) support the 13th Amendment, he signed the document, though presidential approval is not part of the amendment process.
Yes, outlawing slavery was a Republican achievement.
Tags: free speech, Freedom, Individualism, Patriotic Resistance
Tags: ACLJ Chief Counsel Jay Sekulow, Assistant Treasury Secretary for Tax Policy Mark J., Barack Obama, Cleta Mitchell, Comrad Obama, conservative, Crime, Democrats, free speech, Freedom, Freedom of Religion, Government Lies, idiocracy, Ignorance, Individualism, Information, IRS, IRS Acting Commissioner Danny Werfel, liberal hate, liberal lies, liberal stupidity, Tea Party, Totalitarianism
In the shadow of the scandal over the targeting of Tea Party and other conservative groups, the Internal Revenue on Tuesday announced new regulations curbing the political activity of tax-exempt groups.
The new restrictions would prohibit such groups from backing candidates, making political pronouncements 60 days before an election and participating in get-out-the-vote drives.
Advocates for conservative organizations litigating against the IRS’ scrutiny say the new rules are an attack on free speech.
“It is never a positive when the government gets involved in regulating political speech,” Cleta Mitchell, a Washington-based attorney, told TheBlaze. “Remember the first five words of the First Amendment: ‘Congress shall make no law.’”
Mitchell is representing True the Vote and other conservative groups suing the IRS over targeting, which the agency has admitted to.
Mitchell said the rules should be more narrow and defined.
Read more here.
Tags: Barack Obama, Comrad Obama, conservative, Crime, Democrats, free speech, Freedom, Freedom of Religion, Government Lies, idiocracy, Ignorance, Individualism, Information, liberal hate, liberal stupidity, radical atheists repeatedly, Religious Expression, The Christian Defense Coalition (CDC) and Faith and Action
Tags: call of duty, conservative, Eminem, free speech, Freedom, Freedom of Religion, I am a warrior, Individualism, Information, Kid Rock - Warrior, Saving Private Ryan - It's My Life, terrorism, US Air Force, US Army, US Marines, US Navy, US Navy SEALs, veterans day, Violence, War
Tags: Barack Obama, BRAD PAISLEY AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD MOCK OBAMACARE, Comrad Obama, COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, free speech, Freedom, Freedom of Religion, Individualism
Tags: Barack Obama, Comrad Obama, Congressional Budget Office (CBO), conservative, Crime, Democrats, free speech, Freedom, Freedom of Religion, Glenn Beck, Government Lies, idiocracy, Ignorance, Individualism, Information, Investor's Business Daily, liberal hate, liberal lies, Liberal racism, politics, Religious Expression, Rush Limbaugh, stupidity, Tea Party, The Welfare State, Totalitarianism
1. Obamacare will cost taxpayers $1.8 to $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years. Over the next decade, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates Obamacare will cost American taxpayers $1.798 trillion. The Republican Senate Budget Committee says CBO’s numbers rely on overly optimistic economic assumptions and puts the true cost at $2.6 trillion.
2. At least 3.5 million Americans have already received health insurance cancelation notices. According to data compiled by the Associated Press, 3.5 million Americans have received notices from their health insurance companies that their plans will be canceled due to Obamacare–something Obama explicitly promised would not occur. Worse, the Associated Press’s calculations are expected to rise, as they are based on data for just half of the states.
3. The now-infamous Obamacare website cost U.S. taxpayers over $1 billion to build. A Bloomberg analysis finds that the broken Obamacare website and its supporting IT infrastructure cost American taxpayers over $1 billion.
4. The New York Times says Obamacare “will leave out two-thirds of poor blacks and single mothers.” The Times’ analysis concluded that Obamacare “will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help.”
5. Tens of thousands of worker hours and jobs have already been cut due to Obamacare. Local stories of employers slashing jobs and worker hours have become common since Obamacare went into effect. As of Oct. 17, Investor’s Business Daily’s running Obamacare scorecard listed at least 351 employers who have cut jobs or hours in response to Obamacare.
6. Premiums will rise by 99% for young men and between 55% to 62% for young women. As CBS News has reported, an analysis by the Manhattan Institute finds that, despite the Affordable Care Act’s name, health insurance premiums will rise dramatically under Obamacare for young men and women–the individuals Obamacare relies on to fund coverage and subsidies for older, sicker Americans.
7. Obama promised no less than 23 times that “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan.” NY Magazine compiled 23 video clips of Obama promising that Obamacare would not result in Americans losing their current health care insurance.
What This California College Wouldn’t Let a Student Do on ‘Constitution Day’ May Make Your Blood BoilPosted: September 19, 2013 by AKA John Galt in Constitutional Issues, Freedom of Speech, American Freedom, American History, America
Tags: conservative, Democrats, Barack Obama, Comrad Obama, Totalitarianism, Government Lies, Freedom, Individualism, Information, Ignorance, free speech, Crime, liberal hate, liberal lies, Modesto Junior College, Constitution Day, Van Tuinen, Young Americans for Liberty