Eight Year Old Girl Used As ‘Suicide’ Bomber

How evil can evil get? This story coming out of Afghanistan says it all.

Taliban insurgents used an eight-year-old girl carrying a bag of explosives to attack a police checkpost in central Afghanistan, the Afghan government said on Sunday, making her one of the youngest child bombers of the decade-old conflict.

The incident took place in Char Chino district of central Uruzgan province, the interior ministry said. “The insurgents handed over a bag with a homemade bomb to an eight-year-old girl and asked her to take it to police forces,” it added.

“As the girl was getting close to the police, it exploded and killed the girl.”

Any politicians or diplomats out there who think they can “sit down” and negotiate with terrorists are delusional and/or complicit in blatant crimes committed against humanity.

Medical secret police calling doctors

The federal government is conducting a stealth survey, calling up doctors and lying to them, seeking a way to catch doctors turning down Medicare and Medicaid patients, now that ObamaCare will be vastly expanding the number of people seeking treatment but paying with government programs that pay substantially less than private insurance. But don’t worry, the new secret police promise that they will keep the data produced by their deceptive tactics confidential.

The details are found in a New York Times story by Robert Pear:

Alarmed by a shortage of primary care doctors, Obama administration officials are recruiting a team of “mystery shoppers” to pose as patients, call doctors’ offices and request appointments to see how difficult it is for people to get care when they need it.

The administration says the survey will address a “critical public policy problem”: the increasing shortage of primary care doctors, including specialists in internal medicine and family practice. It will also try to discover whether doctors are accepting patients with private insurance while turning away those in government health programs that pay lower reimbursement rates.

It is all too easy to see where this is leading. Having expanded demand without addressing the supply of doctors, and paying less for that expanded demand than market prices, the Obama administration needs a fall guy, and doctors fit the bill.

Some of the liars calling doctors will say they have the symptoms associated with pneumonia, something requiring a medical visit. All the better to scapegoat doctors who decline to see a Medicare or Medicaid patient. Others will follow scripts with more benign symptoms.

To make sure they are not detected, secret shoppers will hide their telephone numbers by blocking caller ID information.

Eleven percent of the doctors will be called a third time. The callers will identify themselves as calling “on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.” They will ask whether the doctors accept private insurance, Medicaid or Medicare, and whether they take “self-pay patients.” The study will note any discrepancies between those answers and the ones given to mystery shoppers.

Can you say, “Gotcha!”

casa de maryland Already Has The Names And Addresses Of Everyone Who Signed Petitions!

By Delegate Smigiel

When I called the State Election Board last week it was to inquire about the allegations that they were going to give the illegal immigration advocate group, CASA, the original petitions to take with them to copy at a local copy center. (see previous blog post).

Little did I know what was to come of that inquiry. The election board personnel gave me the numbers of how many petitions names had been approved, as handwritten and how many were done on computers they also told me how many had been rejected and how gave me a brief explanation of the various reasons for rejecting signatures.I asked if I could get some information sent to me to explain that process, (thinking that when we ask for the copies of the petitions I would be able to translate what the notations in the margins of the petitions mean and why any particular signature had been rejected) I was told I would be sent a disk.

Imagine my surprise, Saturday evening, when I opened the mail from the election board and found a disk that not only contained the information about who was rejected and who was certified along with their addresses, 54,971 names and addresses arranged by counties in alphabetical order.

I just realized that there is no longer an issue of what CASA is going to do if they get the names and addresses of all those who signed petitions, CASA, who also received the disk, already has the information on all those who signed the petition.

I have heard from dozens of people this last weekend who had two concerns:

“Do I have to worry about someone calling to harass me about signing the petition?” and

“How do I find out if my name is one of the more than 7,000 that was rejected and why it was rejected?”

It is my opinion that the actions of CASA to date would give petition signers legitimate reason to be concerned about what CASA may do with the lists of names. We know that CASA has been posting phone numbers to call if you see people out exercising their Constitutional duties per Article 16 of the State Constitution, collection signatures. CASA would then send people out to the location to intimidate and harass people coming to sign as well as those collecting signatures.

This weekend we also learned that CASA is hiring people through a group called “Field Works”. Young college students are being paid $12 per hour to go to the location of people collecting signatures and to shadow them, if they move they are to move along with them. They are handing out fliers entitled “ Think before you ink” which spew half truths and lies meant to suppress people’s willingness to sign the petitions. How is this not voter suppression? You have to be a voter to sign the petition and you have to get enough signatures to get the question on the ballot. I understand it is not a vote, but signing a petition is clearly a constitutionally protected part of the election process and those signing deserve protection from interference from outside forces. The bottom of the flyers being handed out has an authority line which lists, “One Maryland Defense Campaign” and gives and address of 8151 15th Street, Hyattsville, Md. If you look up CASA de Maryland on line and click on the contact button, you will be directed to the same address. Clearly CASA is already taking an aggressive, over the top, approach to stopping the will of the people to put this question on the ballot for the citizens to vote on at the next election.

Read more here.

Calif. can’t ban violent video game sales

The Supreme Court says California cannot ban the rental or sale of violent video games to children.

The high court agreed Monday with a federal court’s decision to throw out California’s ban on the sale or rental of violent video games to minors. The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Sacramento said the law violated minors’ rights under the First and Fourteenth amendments.

The law would have prohibited the sale or rental of violent games to anyone under 18. Retailers who violated the act would have been fined up to $1,000 for each infraction.

The court on a 7-2 vote said the law was unconstitutional.

More than 46 million American households have at least one video-game system, with the industry bringing in at least $18 billion in 2010.

Bachmann: Nation ‘Can’t Afford’ 4 More Years of Obama

Rep. Michele Bachmann, formally kicking off her presidential campaign in her Iowa hometown Monday, launched a broadside against President Obama, criticizing him for racking up too much debt and stimulating too little job growth.

“We can’t afford four more years of Barack Obama,” the Minnesota congresswoman declared in prepared remarks.

Bachmann, who filed her papers to run for president two weeks ago, will hold her bona fide announcement in Waterloo, Iowa, Monday morning before jetting off to visit the early primary states of New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Bachmann is pulling no punches in attacking the Obama administration, as she tries to build off a strong showing in several recent polls — including a Des Moines Register poll in which she was nearly tied with frontrunner Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor.

According to prepared remarks, Bachmann labels herself a “constitutional conservative” who believes in limited government. “Washington is the problem, and the real solutions will come from our businesses, our communities, our schools and the most basic and powerful unit of all-our families,” she plans to say.

Bachmann also attacks Obama on several fronts.

“We cannot continue to rack up debt on the backs of future generations. We can’t afford an unconstitutional health plan that costs too much and is worth so little. And we can’t afford four more years of failed leadership at home and abroad,” she said, according to remarks. “We can’t afford four more years of millions of Americans out of work or in jobs that pay too little to support their families. We can’t afford four more years of a housing crisis that is devaluing our homes and making home ownership impossible for many Americans. We can’t afford four more years of a foreign policy that leads from behind and doesn’t stand up for our friends and stand up to our enemies.”

Read more here.

Our debt issue .. not worthy of Obama’s time

Out of the gate … let’s recognize the fact that South Carolina Democrat Representative James Clyburn is a loon. Over the years there has been no shortage of absurdities coming from this character. To know Clyburn and his district is to know that he was not elected on the basis of intellect or ability. Clyburn is in the news again because he is upset that Barack Obama is going to be wasting his valuable time this week in meetings over our national debt. Clyburn said over the weekend, “We can’t have the President sitting in these meetings, three and four hours every day, when all of these other things are happening around the world. The president has much more to do with his time, and that’s why you have a Vice President.”

Not important enough? Here’s an excerpt from a Weekly Standard article:

The [Congressional Budget Office] now says debt will be 101 percent of GDP in 2021—that is, a decade from now our debt will be larger than our economy, and still growing quickly. By 2030, CBO projects debt will top 150 percent of the economy, and by 2037 it will be 200 percent and growing. At that point, the federal government would be spending almost a tenth of the nation’s GDP on interest payments alone, up from 1 percent today.

Maybe it is just me, but this issue of our national debt is perhaps the second most important crisis facing our nation*. What is happening around the world that is so important that the president can’t spend his precious time negotiating the future of our Republic?

Apparently Obama thinks he has the time to at least direct some of his famed eloquence toward this issue. In his weekly radio address over the weekend, our Ruler’s script read: “there’s been a real debate about where to invest and where to cut.” Let’s stop right there to get a few things straight …. When Barack Obama or any Democrat talks about “investing,” what they are really talking about is spending money that the government doesn’t have. There’s another word in the Democrat budget debate that you need to be aware of … “new revenues.” This is also a fancy way of saying “tax increases.”

But now that we understand the language of the Democrat budget lexicon … let’s go back to Obama’s address over the weekend. He says that we must “invest” in education, infrastructure and new technologies. Let me just give you a few little reminders.

On education .. where is the statistical proof that “investing” in education will do anything to better our education system? Fact is, there is none. Take a look at this report from the Heritage Foundation, about government education from 1980-2001.

* Total expenditures by the U.S. Department of Education for all K-12 students have nearly doubled, in constant dollars, just since the 1980s, from $14.8 billion to $27.1 billion;, … but ….
* Reading and math scores on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) have changed relatively little over that same period, despite the enormous increases in spending at the federal, state, and local levels. Last year, for example, some 68 percent of 4th graders still could not read at a proficient level.

On infrastructure spending .. are you telling me that $787 billion wasn’t enough? Since Barack Obama’s stimulus plan was enacted, there are 1.9 million fewer Americans working and our unemployment rate sits at 9.1%.

On investing in new technologies .. Barack Obama announced a new $500 million initiative “to join the federal government, universities and corporations and re-ignite American manufacturing with an emphasis on cutting-edge research and new technologies.” What happens when the government gets its money involved in specific industries? It crowds out the private sector and actually does more harm than good. Don’t believe me; believe this Harvard study, which looked at the effect of government stimulus spending over a 40-year period. The study essentially monitored companies within states that saw a targeted increase in federal funding. Here were the results:

In response, the average firm in the median state cut its employment growth rate by 3% to 13%, reduced capital expenditures by approximately 15% or $39 million, R&D expenditures by roughly 10% or $34 million and experienced a decline in sales. They also increased their dividend payouts by 13%, suggesting fewer investment opportunities. These results were even more pronounced for firms within industries targeted by the Federal spending and for firms that did not have overseas operations, and therefore were more exposed to the effects of the increase in Federal spending on their home state’s economy.

The hardest thing for Obama and the Democrats to realize is that they are not a part of the solution. Businesses do not want more government or its money .. they just want government to get the hell out of the way.

*Oh … so you noticed the asterisk, did you? I said that the second most important question facing this country might well be our national debt and the debate on raising the debt ceiling. What’s first? The most important crisis we face in America is that we have an electorate ignorant enough to put someone like Barack Obama in office in the first place. People are wondering if we can survive our debt crisis. I think it’s more important to ask whether or not we can survive these voters.

Bachmann Rejects Chris Wallace‘s Apology for Asking if She’s a ‘Flake’

On yesterday’s Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace asked guest Michele Bachmann whether “she was a flake.”

“The rap on you in Washington is that you have a history of questionable statements, some would say gaffes,…are you a flake?”

Responded a calm but frustrated-looking Bachmann: “Well I think that would be insulting to say something like that, because I’m a serious person.”

Shortly after the pre-taped interview aired on Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace posted his regular, post-show “Wallace Unplugged” video. In it, he apologized for the question noting that many views were “more than perturbed” by the phrasing: “And since in the end it’s really all about the answers and not about the questions. I messed up, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any disrespect.”

However, Bachmann doesn’t seem to be overly impressed with the apology at this point. Politico:

Via POLITICO’s Jennifer Epstein, Michele Bachmann isn’t accepting an apology from Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace for asking her yesterday, “Are you a flake?”

ABC News’ Jon Karl, who’s been getting face-time with Bachmann in Waterloo in advance of her formal campaign announcement, played a clip of the web video in which Wallace said, “I messed up. I’m sorry.”

When Karl asked if she accepts the apology, Bachmann brushed aside the question this way: “I think that it’s insulting to insinuate that a candidate for president is less than serious.”

Trying the question again, Bachmann replied, “Those are the small issues. I’m focused on the big ones.”

Islamic women love wearing burqas?

Prince, the Grammy Award-winning artist behind “Purple Rain,” told the Guardian in an interview that women forced to wear burqas in Islamic countries are “happy” to wear them.

“It’s fun being in Islamic countries, to know there’s only one religion,” Prince told the British newspaper. “There’s order. You wear a burqa. There’s no choice. People are happy with that.” (Burqa bans grow fashionable in Europe)

The Guardian pointed out that perhaps not every woman forced to wear a burqa is thrilled with the idea. The singer acknowledged: “There are people who are unhappy with everything. There’s a dark side to everything.”

Not wanting to open up a political can of worms, Prince seemed to backtrack later in the interview. “I don’t want to get up on a soapbox,” he said. “My view of the world, you can debate that forever. But I’m a musician … come to the show for that.”

Prince also shared some less controversial views on the issue of music piracy. He bemoaned changes in the industry caused by people who steal music online. “Nobody’s making money now except phone companies, Apple and Google,” he said. The singer has a meeting scheduled with President Obama at the White House to address the issue.

Feds downplayed ICE case dismissals

Homeland Security officials misled the public and Congress last year in an effort to downplay a wave of immigration case dismissals in Houston and other cities amid accusations that they had created a “back-door amnesty,” newly released records show.

The records, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, include a series of internal memos from Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s chief counsel in Houston dated last August ordering attorneys to review all new, incoming cases and thousands already pending on the immigration court docket and to file paperwork to dismiss any that did not meet the agency’s “top priorities.”

The secretive review process resulted in the dismissal of hundreds of cases in Houston, most of them involving illegal immigrants who had lived in the United States for years without committing serious crimes.

A string of emails shows the dismissals had the blessings of top attorneys at ICE headquarters in Washington, D.C., last summer and that other ICE legal offices across the country were encouraged to consider measures to better use the agency’s limited resources to target dangerous criminals.

The records also document for the first time that the agency quietly rescinded the Houston memo on Aug. 25 — the day the Houston Chronicle broke the story on the dismissals — amid allegations from conservatives that the Obama administration had created a stealth amnesty program for illegal immigrants.

ICE public affairs officials in Washington initially refused either to confirm or deny the dismissals, and then told several news outlets that they affected only a very narrow class of illegal immigrants with pending green card applications described in a different agency memo. After Senate Judiciary Committee members demanded an investigation last fall into the Houston dismissals, Homeland Security officials reiterated the same claim they made to the media.

However, the newly released documents show conclusively that government attorneys in Houston were given wide latitude to file motions to dismiss cases, including some involving immigrants with convictions for primarily misdemeanor offenses.

Read more here.