WND columnist and nationally known conservative pundit Erik Rush has come under fire and is facing an onslaught of death threats for suggesting Islamic extremists were likely behind the Boston Marathon bombings and tweeting a sarcastic comment about killing “evil” Muslims.
After the bombing Monday, Rush tweeted, “Everybody do the National Security Ankle Grabs! Let’s bring Saudis in without screening them! C’mon!”
Rush’s comment was in response to early reports from United Press International that a 20-year-old Saudi Arabian national had been a potential suspect in the double bombings. The Boston police later said the man wasn’t a suspect.
Rush told WND he received some hostile tweets following his initial speculation about the identity of the bomber.
“This was speculation, which everyone is doing,” Rush said. “That’s when the tweets started: ‘You’re blaming Muslims already? You scumbag!’
“After several of those, that’s when I was like, ‘Yeah, that’s right, they’re evil. Kill ‘em all.’
“And that’s all they needed.”
Read more here.
- CNN says the suspect is a “dark-skinned male”.
- A briefing scheduled at 5 pm (EST) is now postponed.
- 4:18 pm (EST): Courthouse employees are allowed to go back in. But given it’s near work-quitting time, it’s unlikely any business will now happen in the courthouse. We’ll probably have to wait till tomorrow.
- Boston’s Moakley Federal Courthouse evacuated due to a bomb threat. The building is being swept now.
- A light blue govt van with tinted window, with an armed officer clinging to the outside of the van, quickly sped to the courthouse and backed into a side-door. Was the van transporting the suspect?
- Conflicting accounts: At 2:30 pm (EST), Boston police just tweeted that there’s no arrest, but they do have a suspect. However WCVB says an arrest is imminent, while CNN had said an arrest was made. CNN now backs off from previous claim that an arrest was…
View original post 155 more words