Some of the world’s biggest broadcasters on Friday urged the UN Security Council to take greater action over the killing of journalists in conflict zones.
The organisations including the BBC, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and Japan’s NHK said the dangers facing their reporters were making it difficult to provide accurate news from some corners of the world.
[…] The statement was also issued on behalf of the Broadcasting Board of Governors from the United States, France Medias Monde, Radio Netherlands Worldwide and Germany’s Deutsche Welle.
It cited the deaths of journalists this year in Mali, Egypt, Syria, Somalia, Pakistan and Mexico, plus increasing numbers of arrests and violence towards journalists in Yemen.
” Forget what you’ve read about the “Me, Me, Me Generation.” Here are four things you probably don’t know about the 95 million Americans born between 1982 and 2003:
- Millennials, in general, are fiercely committed to community service.
- They don’t see politics or government as a way to improve their communities, their country, or the world.
- So the best and brightest are rejecting public service as a career path. Just as Baby Boomers are retiring from government and politics, Washington faces a rising-generation “brain drain.”
- The only way Millennials might engage Washington is if they first radically change it.
Nearly three in five young Americans agree that elected officials seem motivated by “selfish reasons,” an increase of 5 points since 2010.
- Fifty-six percent agree that “elected officials don’t have the same priorities that…
View original post 605 more words
Copyright© πίστις 2013
Me: Do you acknowledge Jesus as being truly God?
Satan: Of course I do as do the demons, it is only foolish humans that do not.
Me: So why do you think so many people refuse to acknowledge Christ as Lord?
Satan: Because they want to live any way they choose doing what they want when they want to, works for me! It makes my job easier.
Me: Did you really temp Jesus?
Satan: Of course I did! If Jesus would have accepted my offer of all the kingdoms of the earth being His to rule we would not be having this conversation because I would have won!
Me: How do you figure the earth and its’ kingdoms are yours to give?
Satan: When Adam disobeyed God his dominion over all the earth passed to me. You did notice that Jesus did not…
View original post 1,297 more words