In honor of tax week, I figured I would give you some insight into exactly how much of the wealth that you have created Washington is spending … and how they are spending it. The folks at the Heritage Foundation have the details.
* In 2010, Washington will spend a record $31,406 per household.
* In 2010, Washington will collect $18,276 per household in taxes.
* The $13,130 difference between spending and revenue is our budget deficit per household … on top of all prior government debt.
* Since 2008, government spending has increased by $5,000 per household. That’s in just two years folks.
* Over the last decade, government spending has increased $10,000 per household.
Now, considering that Washington spends $31,406 per household .. what exactly is the breakdown? The Heritage Foundation also has that information for us. Here are the highlights:
* Social Security/Medicare: $9,949 per household
* Defense: $6,071 per household
* Antipoverty programs: $5,466 per household
* Unemployment benefits: $1,640 per household
* Interest on the federal debt: $1,585 per household
* Veterans’ benefits: $1,052 per household
* Federal employee retirement benefits: $1,018 per household
* Education: $914 per household
* Highways/mass transit: $613 per household
* Health research/regulation: $550 per household
* Mortgage Credit: $470 per household
* All other federal programs justice, international affairs, natural resources, the environment, regional development, farm subsidies, social services, space exploration, air transportation and energy: $2,078 per household
At the same time that our government has seen fit to spend more money that it has … the number of non-payers (there are people without income tax liability) has increased by 59% in less than a decade. The number of non-payers grew from 32.6 million in 2000 to 51.6 million in 2008. At the same time, the total number of tax filers only grew by 10%.
This is simply unsustainable. Don’t you get it my friends? Our country absolutely cannot survive this slide into fiscal hell. We’re at the point where only a minority of working Americans actually pay for the operation of our Imperial Federal Government. Tell me … how do you ever get those people to actually pay their share of the cost of our government again? They’re on the dole now. They’re moochers. Do you actually think they’re going to sit back and allow the rest of us to make them taxpayers again? Are you serious? They think they deserve a free ride. It’s their “right!”
Broken record time folks. I let this mortgage crisis sneak up on me. With just a little thought I would have seen it coming, but I was blind to what was going on with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Won’t let this happen again with our national debt and failed tax structure. We’re on the road to fiscal destruction. Frankly, I think that there are some politicians who put us on this road intentionally. They want the free market system destroyed so it can be replaced by a centrally-planned government economy. We may have two elections to save this country .. but I think it would be dangerous to wait until 2012. This is it. November 2nd. Time to take off the sports jerseys, put down the video game controllers, cancel your subscription to US Weekly, change the channel from Entertainment Tonight to a news channel … and get ready to fight for freedom. The job will certainly be easier for you than it was for Washington’s troops 230 years ago, but the situation is no less serious.
Post from: http://boortz.com